Thank you for choosing Destiny Surgery Center for your upcoming procedure. We are dedicated to providing our patients the highest level of care possible. By choosing to stay out-of-network with insurance companies, we can maintain flexibility in optimizing your treatment and recovery. We are not contractually obligated to adhere to stringent HMO rules regarding procedures and reimbursement. Instead, we can tailor your treatment to best suit our surgeons and, more importantly, our patients.
Please contact us if you have any questions about your insurance coverage or our financing options.
Preparing for Surgery
Your surgeon will review with you all aspects of the planned surgical procedure. For your safety, be as truthful and forthcoming as possible. Please ask any questions regarding the procedure so that you are fully informed and are comfortable proceeding with your surgery.
A nurse from Destiny Surgery Center will contact you the day before your scheduled procedure to review your health history, current medications, any possible drug allergies, and to review basic preoperative instructions with you.
Follow the below guidelines to maximize your safety and ensure that you have minimal problems on the day of surgery.
- Make arrangements for a responsible adult to escort you home after your procedure. The person accompanying you will need to be aware of what surgical procedure you are having. You will not be allowed to leave the surgery center unaccompanied. It can be detrimental to your health by keeping secrets from those caring for you after surgery in emergency situations. Always have someone close to you that is fully informed of your medical history.
- Do not eat or drink anything after midnight the night before surgery unless otherwise instructed by your doctor. This includes foods, liquids, water, candy, gum, and breath mints.
- You have been instructed to stop using nicotine 1 month prior to your surgery. We have the right to nicotine test you prior to surgery and if positive, we reserve the right to cancel your surgery.
- Alcohol consumption should stop the day your liquid diet starts and can resume in moderation 3 months after surgery.
- You may brush your teeth or rinse your mouth the day of surgery, but be careful not to swallow anything.
- Take only the medications that you were instructed to take by your surgeons office the morning of surgery with a small sip of water.
- Do not take insulin the morning of your surgery. If you use an insulin pump please make sure to leave it on until you arrive to the surgery center and you are seen by your nurse. Please bring your insulin with you to the surgery center.
Day of Surgery
On the day of your surgery, the staff at Destiny Surgical Center will answer any questions you may have and make your stay at the center as safe and comfortable as possible.
- Please bring your drivers license and insurance card with you.
- Upon your arrival, a staff member will help you complete admission registration and take you to your private room to prepare you for surgery.
- Before your surgery, you will meet with the anesthesiologist, a preoperative nurse and the surgeon and you will have the opportunity to ask questions.
- You will be asked to remove eyeglasses, dentures, hair clips or any other loose objects.
Family is always welcome and is encouraged to stay with the patient. During your procedure, your family can enjoy our comfortable waiting area with WiFi and cable TV. Your family will be invited to the recovery area as soon as the you are ready for visitors.
Recovery and Going Home
After the surgery you will be taken to the recovery room where you will be carefully monitored. Family members will be allowed to see you shortly after surgery.
You will be discharged when it is safe for you to leave the center and the responsible adult you have arranged to take you home is ready. A staff member will review the instructions for your care at home and help you get safely into your family or friend’s car.
After Your Surgery
The first days after your surgery are critical for your recovery. You will need the support of your family and friends. Allow time for rest and maintain good body hygiene. Your surgeon’s instructions should be strictly followed regarding resuming your regular everyday activities.
Do not drive or operate machinery if you are taking narcotic pain medication. Use caution as your decision-making ability may be affected. Allow others to assist you in activities involving complicated movements.
In the first few days following surgery, you should expect to feel some discomfort and fatigue. Take all medications as directed and use the pain relievers prescribed by your surgeon.
DFW Bariatric Institute Patients
Contact your surgeon's office or on-call provider at (817) 581-6100 with any of the following:
- A fever of 101.0 or higher
- Lightheadedness or dizziness
- Persistent pain or nausea after medications
- Shortness of breath
- Pain and swelling in your lower extremities
- Blood pressure of 160/100 or greater that is not relieved with blood pressure medication
- Redness, drainage or swelling from incision site
FOR MEDICAL EMERGENCIES CALL 911
To help you recover as quickly as possible, please keep all of your post-surgical appointments and be compliant with all physical therapy instructions.
We are located just 25 minutes from the Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport, near the fast growing, family-friendly city of Frisco, Texas. Our facility is on a major thoroughfare running north from downtown Dallas, making it convenient for patients who are traveling from other cities. Our staff will help you to arrange all pre- and post-operative appointments during your stay in the area.
Accommodations, Restaurants and Other Local Attractions
- Aloft Frisco
- Comfort Suites Frisco
- Embassy Suites Dallas - Frisco
- Hilton Garden Inn Frisco
- Holiday Inn Express Frisco
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Dallas/Frisco
*Be sure to mention Kim Bariatric Institute when you book to see if discounted rates apply.
- Three Squares
- Babe’s Chicken Dinner House
- Bull Asian Fusion Bistro
- Freebirds World Burrito
- Cinemark Frisco Square & XD
- Dr. Pepper Ballpark
- Frisco Public Library
- Pizzeria Testa
- Sake Toro Sushi
- Jake’s Uptown
- Marketplace @ Frisco Square
- Sci-Tech Discovery Center
- Stonebriar Mall
8350 Dallas Pkwy, Suite 100 Frisco, Texas 75034